Newbie jaunty music player cpu max out

merindabiggs merindabiggs at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:29:13 UTC 2009

Hi

Since I've upgraded from Intrepid to Jaunty all music players (Amarok,
rhythmbox, banshee, exaile, songbird) will, when running, no matter what
else is running or not at the time, completely max out my cpu. The music
playing skips/jumps also. Sometimes this causes the computer to completely
freeze. I've googled around, loking for a forum topic about this but I can't
find anything which relates to this issue. I've tried uninstalling some
players, at the moment I'm left with just banshee and rhythmbox (which is
what I started with in the initial distribution) but the problem remains. Is
there anything I'm missing, or any advice anyone has for this?

Thanks
Merinda