Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 6 10:29:42 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 6/5/09, Gilles Gravier <ggravier at fsfe.org> wrote:
Hi!

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> Oliver Grawert wrote:
>
>> In a discussion i had with one of the administrators we came to the
>> conclusion that a governance team should be put in place taking the
>> administrator role for it, consisting of people actively participating
>> in the list and functioning similar to the IRC council [3] we already
>> have in place for our IRC channels.
>>

> Why not just this list + another "moderated" one?

One problem is that list moderation is resource intensive if you want
systematic pre-approval of messages posted.

Another problem is that discussions start very legitimately and then
drift off to less on-topic subjects...

Gilles.
What about a trial period for new members?

tom_a_sparks

      Enjoy a safer web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now.