how to download Xorg source correctly?

loody miloody at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:48:30 UTC 2009

Hi:

2009/5/3 Steven Susbauer <steven at too1337.com>:
> Steven Susbauer wrote:
>> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Charlie Kravetz
>> <cjk at teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

>>> Are they all files, or is debian a directory witht the code in it?
>>>
>> debian is a control directory which contains all the options for
>> building a package or packages from the source.
>>
>> xorg-dev contains some libraries, it is not the source for the server.
>> Xorg is organized into many packages, with a metapackage that pulls
>> them in as dependencies. The main xorg server package is
>> xserver-xorg-core, and running apt-get source xserver-xorg-core will
>> download those sources.
>>
>> Also note that you don't have to use sudo to run apt-get source.
>>
>>  -Steve
> I forgot to mention, you can also download the xorg-server source
> package, which is what it is built from: See
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/jaunty/xorg-server
>
> apt-get source will download this package even though a binary of it
> does not exist.
thanks for your kind help.
I follow your suggestion and I attach the file list I downloaded, file_list.log.
But the content and total size of it seems not meet xorg.

Meanwhile, there are errors below when I try to execute ./configure
under xorg source I download, which says I need x11 package.
But I cannot find a package which name is only "x11".
I try to install several packages with the name like
"x11proto-print-dev", but it is still fail.
If I miss something or did anything wrong, please let me know.
appreciate your help,
miloody

configure:30412: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "x11"
Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc'
No package 'x11' found
configure:30415: $? = 1
configure:30428: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "x11"
Package x11 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `x11.pc'
No package 'x11' found
configure:30431: $? = 1
No package 'x11' found
configure:30468: error: Package requirements (x11) were not met:

No package 'x11' found