Pon and poff

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Wed May 6 03:02:40 UTC 2009

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 09:49:24AM -0700, John Heinen wrote:
>
>> Marius Gedminas wrote:

>>> In Firefox it's File -> Work offline.
>>>

>> I know, the tick keeps coming back on, I take it off, try to open the
>> browser and the tick is back on?
>>

> Interesting.  What do you mean by "try to open the browser"?  The
> browser is already open when you access the File menu, isn't it?  Do you
> close and reopen it?
>
> This works for me (both in Jaunty and Intrepid):
>
>   1. run pon
>   2. wait until you're online
>   3. uncheck File -> Work offline in Firefox
>   4. browse
>
> You need to repeat step 3 every time you exit and restart Firefox.
>
> Marius Gedminas

Even though I unchecked  "work off-line" in Firefox" I still get the
message "Firefox cannot find the server at www.clearstatio.com"
The system is connected to the internet. the phone is making those funny
noises. May it be that Firefox is not installed,  even though it shows
up on the bar?
What is Jaunty or Intrepid, is that something I have to install from
somewhere before browsing.?