OMG! Was: Re: Intrepied update-manager not offering option to upgrade to jaunty

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 6 00:48:57 UTC 2009

On 05/05/2009 09:28 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2009 16:22:42 -0700
> NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> $ cat /usr/share/python-apt/templates/Ubuntu.info
>
> Interesting.  I eyeballed that file and this is the /long/ contents
> (back To Warty 4.10):
>
> ChangelogURI:
> http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/%s/%s/%s/%s_%s/changelog

Yep. There's lots.  For the intrepid bits I have:

Suite: intrepid
RepositoryType: deb
BaseURI: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
MatchURI: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
BaseURI-powerpc: http://ports.ubuntu.com/
MatchURI-powerpc: ports.ubuntu.com|archive.ubuntu.com
BaseURI-lpia: http://ports.ubuntu.com/
MatchURI-lpia: ports.ubuntu.com|archive.ubuntu.com
MirrorsFile-amd64: /usr/share/python-apt/templates/Ubuntu.mirrors
MirrorsFile-i386: /usr/share/python-apt/templates/Ubuntu.mirrors
Component: main
CompDescription: Officially supported
CompDescriptionLong: Canonical-supported Open Source software
Component: universe
CompDescription: Community-maintained
CompDescriptionLong: Community-maintained Open Source software
Component: restricted
CompDescription: Non-free drivers
CompDescriptionLong: Proprietary drivers for devices
Component: multiverse
CompDescription: Restricted software
CompDescriptionLong: Software restricted by copyright or legal issues

Suite: intrepid
MatchName: .*
BaseURI: cdrom:\[Ubuntu.*8.10
MatchURI: cdrom:\[Ubuntu.*8.10
Available: False
Component: main
CompDescription: Officially supported
Component: restricted
CompDescription: Restricted copyright

Suite: intrepid-security
ParentSuite: intrepid
RepositoryType: deb
BaseURI: http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
MatchURI: archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu|security.ubuntu.com
BaseURI-powerpc: http://ports.ubuntu.com/
MatchURI-powerpc: ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
BaseURI-lpia: http://ports.ubuntu.com/
MatchURI-lpia: ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

Suite: intrepid-updates
ParentSuite: intrepid
RepositoryType: deb

Suite: intrepid-proposed
ParentSuite: intrepid
RepositoryType: deb

Suite: intrepid-backports
ParentSuite: intrepid
RepositoryType: deb

@Daniel: can you check yours? Reason for asking is that I found a bug
that had similar issues (can't get to it just now) and the problem was a
corrupt/incomplete /usr/share/python-apt/templates/Ubuntu.info file.
It's worth a look anyway.