HD Video in Linux Ubuntu 9.04

Steve Reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Tue May 5 23:03:11 UTC 2009

Alex Berber wrote:

> My laptop is:
> CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz
> Graphic card: nVidia GeForce 8600M GT

if you can you may want to try a different computer if you have one with
a more powerful processor?  If I remember correctly a 1.8 dual core is
at the lower end of just being able to play .mkv files. you need alot of
processor power, the graphics card is irrelevant.  I have a 3.2ghz amd
x2 and have problems now and again with like blueray rips and such but
HD recordings play fine in mythtv for me.  just upgraded to 9.04 a
couple days ago from 8.04, not having any problems here.