HD Video in Linux Ubuntu 9.04

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 5 19:22:39 UTC 2009

On 05/05/2009 12:08 AM, Alex Berber wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have the next problem, I can't watch move in HD quality.
> For example I have file: Discovery.mkv, resolution 1280 × 720
>
> I tried many players, it's Totem, VLC, Mplayer, SMplayer and heard that
> mplayer is the best for HD.
> NVidia present to us new patch and new graphic drivers but it's did't
> help me.
>
> I tried to compile mplayer with vdpau support and installed new driver
> but i still have this problem.
> Why I don't know!
>
> SOMEBODY know how to resolve this problem? How we can watch HD on Linux
> without problems?

Seems that mkv & linux/ubuntu may have issues?
<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2B.mkv&btnG=Search>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
  http://www.matroska.org/
   http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/playback/linux/index.html
Perhaps try their forum?
http://forum.corecodec.com/viewforum.php?f=27

Or you might try these PPA mplayer builds:
https://launchpad.net/~rvm/+archive/mplayer
[don't forget to enable the gpg key]

$ sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 03E02400