Sending a odt file format to windows user

Res res at ausics.net
Mon May 4 12:12:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Pat Brown wrote:

> I have to send my documents to editors and reader all the time. None of them
> have OpenOffice. Just save the odt file as Word 97/2000/XP and they'll be
> able to open it no problem. If you don't want them to be able to change the

Why not advise them that should they experience difficulties with opening
any attached files, they should use a non proprietary office client, and
that they can access such a client by going to openoffice.org, and advise
them that openoffice is capable of accessing proprietary micro$lop
formatted documents.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers