.Xdefaults not being read after i reboot.

Jamie Griffin jpg at gmx.com
Mon May 4 11:42:39 UTC 2009

hello everyone

I'm using Jaunty with the gnome desktop. I prefer to use xterm rather than the gnome terminal and have created an .Xdefaults configuration file in my home directory to customise it. However, each time i start up my laptop (either reboot or starting up for the first time that morning) and open xterm this file is not read and the xterm opens with the system-wide default settings, and to change this i have to use the command `xrdb .Xdefaults` to get an xterm session using my preferred settings. After doing so, the xterm stays as i want it to for the remaining time logged in to my pc.

I'm not sure why this is happening and how to make xterm use the config file in my home directory and wondered if anyone else knows how?

Jamie

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x842DD368
GPG Key-Fingerprint: F850 A09C F877 FBC4 A63C  FDDC 7484 4EEF 842D D368