Server on RAID volume?

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:37:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Jerry Houston <jerry at effjayare.net> wrote:
> New guy here.  Well, new to Ubuntu, anyway.
Hi Jerry - Welcome!

> When I tried, though, the server installer program couldn't see the RAID 10
> volume that my present server is installed on.  During the process, it noticed
> the RAID, and asked me if I wanted to load its ATA RAID driver.  I answered
> YES, but when we got to the partitioning part, the volume wasn't there.

Which disc did you try and install from? And is this dmraid
(motherboard inexpensive raid) madm (software raid) or 'real hardware
raid' ala adaptec?

The regular Live CD doesn't have all the RAID stuff there by default.
You might want to use the alternate or the server cd - they both have
the extra pieces you might need, depending on which you were trying.

--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false