Stupid ***whatever*** troublemaker - is a List Admin in the house

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Sun May 3 19:37:15 UTC 2009

Hi Bret

2009/5/3 Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>:
> Can these rubbish threads be terminated?

The "Owners" of the list can be reached at:
ubuntu-users-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
though I'm not sure if they like being contacted directly about
messages on this list.

> It appears that none of the previous posters in these threads have read
> the text in the mailing list To address;
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions".

That happens a lot.
The usual response is "take it to sounder"
however in this case that's probably not advisable either.

> If racial vilification is the purpose of Ubuntu, then Ubuntu has a
> serious problem.

Don't be so absurd, I would hope you know that is NOT Ubuntu's purpose!

> the racist threads (and, probably, some or all of the posters in those threads),
> should be terminated.

So I should be "terminated" for telling someone how to create a filter
in Gmail? Thanks a lot!

Incidentally "terminate" is often a synonym for "kill" in my country.
I will assume you were not aware of that use of the word "terminate".

> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>  you'll know what the answer means."
> - Deep Thought,
>   Chapter 28 of Book 1 of
>   "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
>   A Trilogy In Four Parts",

A least you have good tastes in literature!
(However discussions of H2G2 are more at home on sounder, not here ;) )

Andy

--
$ fortune
bug, n: