Automatic login on command line installation

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:02:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Ruben Varela <rovr138 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why didn't that work? - I've done similar in the past
> De-commented the line, and changed
> -autologin to --autologin (with the two dashes)
>
> I don't know why I didn't read the man pages before...
> But I figured it out...
>
> Thank you for asking... I was beginning to worry if someone would read
> this and comment...

I never said anything (and other likely too) because it seemed like
you had it  all figured out by the time we saw it :-)

FWIW, many but not all programs follow the convention of single dash
for single letter and double dash for whole word options.

e.g. -h and --help

Gnu programs do that, and most people followed that convention, except
for the X stuff which just uses whatever it felt like at the time
(e.g. X -v +xinerama c :0)  and some of the newfangled stuff like bzr
which just don't use dashes at all (e.g. bzr help)

Glad you got it figured out.

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty -> gconftool -s --type
bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false