how to connect through VPN in jaunty

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:52:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009 09:09:52 -0400, Brian McKee posted:
[...]
> (note to self, figure out how to restart network manager cleanly)

This is just a WAG brian but, I have a note to myself in my system log to
try restarting the dbus service next time I try what you detailed, a live
change to NM. It might be worth a try and might be able to avoid the
reboot. I think dbus talks to NetworkMangler. Can't promise anything but I
know you test things and won't get in trouble with this. Others, don't try
this at home, it's untested!