how to connect through VPN in jaunty

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri May 1 13:09:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 5:48 AM, johnny Walker <quartz711 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am having problem connecting to vpn in jaunty, actually I don't have any
>>> problem connecting through vpn using hardy and intrepid. this error only
>>> happens in jaunty.

> Have you tried using Network Manager?  Launchpad is down so I can't
> check the bug, but
> I believe you can install extra applications from Universe to make the
> 'VPN' choices active...

Update - I just installed network-manager-pptp, configured the vpn
then had to reboot to restart network manager - it wouldn't actually
make the connection until I did so, but now it seems to be working
fine using my companies pptp server.

(note to self, figure out how to restart network manager cleanly)

Brian
--
All you need to know about Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty
 -> gconftool -s --type bool /apps/update-notifier/auto_launch false