printers for UBUNTU?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 31 19:25:08 UTC 2009

On 03/30/2009 08:06 PM, squareyes wrote:

> I have just plugged in an Epson Stylus Photo R230, pleasantly surprised,
> message popped up "Epson... now installed and ready for use"  Didn't
> need to install anything,
> 8.04 did it all, just works. Cannot print to inkjet printable CD's
> though, but expected that.

You might have a look at:
http://www.epsondevelopers.com/home/linux_printers
and
http://avasys.jp/hp/menu000000900/hpg000000859.htm
to see if any of those drivers will enable CD printing.

Also, you might try the R220 version of Turboprint (it's commercial but
you can test for free). http://www.turboprint.info/printers_Epson.html
<http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turboprint_driver.phtml?printer=Epson_StylusPhotoR220>
Printing to CD is supported for the R220.

I use Turboprint for my Canon MP750 & the US models do not have a CD
print try; however there is a mod to make one. Anyway, when I upgraded
to the latest version of Turboprint I was pleasantly surprised to see
that the driver actually supports printing to CD for my printer; the
previous version did not.