ubuntu server intrepid does not boot

Papp Károly linuxkharon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 12:42:47 UTC 2009

I am quite new in Linux, but I have a few years behind me in IT and
servers...

So general information is coming up :-)

On a few servers I've installed (WS2k3, I know it's a shame, but hey
come on, they pay me to do this... :-)) we received a special boot
CD/DVD within the package, and without the drivers that were on the
disc, I couldn't see (actually Windows couldn't see) the RAID5
partitions. To be able to use the HW RAID system of these servers, I had
to boot from the disc, and go through a special setup procedure (in
which I could config everything I needed), and after a reboot, WS2k3
worked just like an angel...

And all of these without tampering the BIOS...

So I guess it could worth the time to take a look around, maybe you can
get some bootable images with the needed drivers.

Good luck, and be the first, kill your boss and take his job... :-)

Best wishes
Kharon

P.S.: Sorry for the typos (if any), I hadn't got a chance for a long
time to use my English.