Turn on WiFi

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 22:36:47 UTC 2009

    I have a HP laptop called a Presario CQ50. It comes with Vista
installed and somehow the Windows turns on the WiFi hardware after it is
turned on. When I turn the Vista off it now turns the hardware off.

    Somehow I had the hardware left on because my 8.10 was able to get
WiFi. But today I set up Jaunty and it found the WiFi for about 30
minutes and then it quit. I went back to 8.10 and now it can't find WiFi
either.

    There is a button next to the On-Off button that is red it seems
when the WiFi hardware is off. It turns green when you have Vista
running. But for 6 months or more 8.10 had WiFi with a red light.

    Any ideas from other Ubuntu users? The things I read are all about
WiFi hardware that is not supported.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI