ubuntu server intrepid does not boot

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:19:03 UTC 2009

> My other suggestion about device designation in the menu.lst would
> probably be worth a try.

After considering this further while having lunch, I doubt this, by
itself, would help as it won't get to menu.lst if it can't find the GRUB
MBR. Maybe you'll have to write the GRUB MBR to whichever drive is
enumerated as hd0 in order for it to work, as long as you get consistency
in which drive is hd0, and then use the LABEL or UUID designation of the
IDE drive for the boot partition in menu.lst.

You mentioned language, If you have trouble translating and find my
suggestion unclear, I can try to explain it better or someone here may
speak your first language and be willing to help.