9.04 Beta loading

Knute Johnson knute2009 at knutejohnson.com
Sat Mar 28 16:47:16 UTC 2009

H.S. wrote:
> David Fox wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Knute Johnson
>> <knute2009 at knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>>> I'm not that familiar with U, if I install the 9.04 beta, when the final
>>> is released can I just do an upgrade or something or do I have to reinstall?
>> No need to reinstall. Just aptitude update & aptitude upgrade,
>
> It should be:
> $> sudo aptitude update
>
> and then
> $> sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
> or
> $> sudo aptitude full-upgrade

Thanks David and H.S.  Can I just download upgrade now from the 8.10 I
have to 9.04 beta or do I need to wait to do an upgrade until 9.04 is
released?

I've used apt-get upgrade/update but not aptitude, what's the difference
on that?

Thanks very much,

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

   H.L. Mencken