thread marked Dave Null

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:39:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:22:56 +0100, Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) posted:

> On Sat, March 28, 2009 16:15, Thorny wrote:
>
>> This is not an answer to your specific question but I see that you are
>> using Thunderbird as your mail reader. What most people do is setup
>> message filters to handle the issue. Of course, you do have the other
>> option that you have mentioned, can choose to make it as complicated or
>> easy as you want.
>
> You are right that I was using Thunderbird when I wrote that email. But
> now I'm using Squirrelmail, and when I'm logged in on my server with ssh,
> I might use Mutt. Or whatever MUA I feel like using that particular day.
>
> That's why I try to do as much as possible with Postfix and Procmail, to
> avoid duplicate configurations.
>
> But thanks anyway for the suggestion.

It wasn't just for you.

This list is read by quite a few inexperienced users, who lurk for
information but, for whatever reasons, do not post questions. Many use
TBird and would like to have a method to deal with the issue being
discussed but would not understand the advanced topic you mentioned. I
never doubted your ability, often I just add noise to a thread with the
chance that someone may benefit from it. No offence intended.