9.04 Beta loading

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 04:53:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Knute Johnson
<knute2009 at knutejohnson.com> wrote:
> I'm not that familiar with U, if I install the 9.04 beta, when the final
> is released can I just do an upgrade or something or do I have to reinstall?

No need to reinstall. Just aptitude update & aptitude upgrade,
whenever you feel a need to do it. Jaunty already has had about 200
megs worth of changes to it since the beta was released, but that of
course will depend on how many packages you install

I usually update every other day, but that can vary depending on how
many packages come through and how many of those I choose to install,
etc. And I subscribe to jaunty-changes so I get an idea of what's
being updated.

And then maybe a month or so after the release of jaunty you can do
another aptitude update && aptitude upgrade and get all the important
upgrades, then ride jaunty for a while getting bug fixes and security
updates.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.