Streaming video to an XBox360

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 23:24:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:39 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 03/26/2009 02:06 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I've got a headless linux box with a bunch of video and audio on it.
>> I want to use my sparkling new Xbox360 to play some of that stuff
>> back.  What's the best way to do that?

> I across this today when trying to find something that will provide a
> plugin for Movie Network (movienetworks.com) streaming video (CBS/CW
> etc) that may be of interest:
>
> http://xbmc.org/home/
>  http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
>  http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions
> Perhaps you can find something there that applies?

Actually, I have an Xbox (original) running XBox Media Centre (the
XMBC in your links) already.  But with two Xboxes, an Xbox360 and a
Wii in the stereo cabinet, I'm trying to remove at least one piece, so
if I could get the 360 to work as a media centre I could take the XBMC
outa there (and put it in the bedroom likely)

Brian