Screen keeps going blank but should NOT ! :-/

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Mar 27 18:15:52 UTC 2009

"kyle.smith" <kyle.smith at inforonics.com> wrote:

> I hate to play the obvious card,

Well sometimes it does help...

> but do you have xscreensaver configured?

I think xscreensaver got replaced by gnome-screensaver at least a year
ago. it's not installed anymore according to synaptic, though a couple
other xscreensaver-data/gl packages ARE installed, but it seems they are
actually general purpose packages useful to any screensaver, and
gnome-screensaver actually depends on them.

> That got me the other day while trying to set up a Kiosk system...
> Hope it's this easy!

Well at least it was worth a try, thanks for the suggestion ;-)

--
Vince