Trying to DUMP Windows.... But

Allen Meyers texas.chef94 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:08:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Avi Greenbury <
avismailinglistaccount at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> > Guys...c'mon...if he doesn't know a VM from a boot manager, if he's kind
> > of venturing into the realm of trying Ubuntu...why dig into the innards
> > of what's going on with Wubi vs. VM systems vs. liveboot vs....etc...on
> > the mailing list? :-) You're going to overwhelm him with details that
> > from his point of view may not mean anything!
>
> Because, for the very reasons you just listed, it is important not to
> give the false impression that Wubi allows him to run Ubuntu inside
> Windows.
>
> --
> Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk

  This is an example of the downside to forum resource. Call it language,
comprehension or whatever, but when I had ubuntu with wubi as vehicle for
install I THOUGHT I was running ubuntu inside windows. Revelation to learn I
was not, but where was ubuntu running if not on my NTFS partition?

--
Allen Meyers
texas.chef94 at gmail.com

The ability to comfortably use a computer is directly proportional to desire
to listen, learn, and experiment, and is inversely proportional to the fear,
anger, and stubbornness that you show.