OT: Thunderbird email removal

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:04:54 UTC 2009

>[Karl]>> Now just click on Delete and watch. It takes a little time but
>in the lower left corner it tells you it is sending email to the trash
>>> directory. You can look at the Trash and it will show the files you
>>> sent there.
>>>

>[Nils]> Well, IMHO moving to the trash directory is something entirely
>different than deleting stuff. So it seems the delete function is faulty.
>Yes, I know you can empty the trash afterwards, but why move to the trash
>in the first place if you want to delete mails?
>>
>[Karl]     I do not move the Trash directory. I goto File Empty trash.

As well as the advice Matthew gave you about the shift+delete, which
has also worked on Windows for a long time as well as GNU/Linux, you can
set the properties of the Trash folder to automagically delete
messages more than (number you choose here) days old or only leave the
(number you choose here) in the folder, if you find one of those
options useful. You can do that for other folders too if it fits the way
you want to use your system.