uninstalling ubuntu

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:08:43 UTC 2009

2009/3/25 Waleed Harbi <waleed.harbi at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I suggest the following steps:
>
> In Vista write in RUN box > compmgmt.msc > Disk Management > Format Ubuntu
> partition.
> Reboot your laptop.
> You will see black screen, do not worry this issue in MBR, you just need fix
> the MBR then NO need for reinstall Vista. Below I sorted the links to fix
> the MBR but you need Vista CD/DVD and Ubuntu CD/DVD:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=486394&highlight=remove+dual+boot&page=2
> "strydermed" , http://www.winvistatips.com/fix-mbr-a116.php or Just the
> following command in DOS:
>
> bootrec.exe /fixmbr
> bootrec.exe /fixboot
>
> Backup your data before you start :)
>
>  Good luck
> Yours,
> Waleed Harbi
>

>> 2009/3/24 Paulo Baptista <paulocamposbaptista at gmail.com>:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > My name is Paulo Baptista
>> > I've recently installed Ubuntu on my laptop using a dual-boot system
>> > with
>> > Vista Home Premium.
>> > But now I realize that I made a mistake, because I'm not having the time
>> > or
>> > the pacience to learn how to use Ubuntu.
>> > So my question is, how can i uninstall Ubuntu, leaving my Vista
>> > completely
>> > intact and regaining the space the Ubuntu partition took???
>> >
>> > Thanks to any friend that helps me with this.
>> >
>> > Ps. Please email me to my account paulocamposbaptista at gmail.com

Paulo,

So sorry, I gave you the wrong thread link, too much talk and no help
at all, and the gal didn't even have any Windows installed any more.

Any of the links provided by Waleed Harbi may help you. It is only a
matter of restoring the original MBR using the Vista commands. However
I suggest deleting the Ubuntu partitions after restoring the MBR, not
before, in the worst case will still have a functional OS. In case
your Vista can't erase the unwanted partitions I guess this can be
easily accomplished by the partition manager in the Ubuntu Live CD. I
don't know if Vista alone can restore the original partition size,
perhaps you'll have to use a partition manager (after backing up your
system).

(Waleed, thanks for your better answer but please bottom post and no HTML)

--
Lucio M Nicolosi, Eng. - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype: lmnicolosi1