Live CD on dual boot

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 19:11:44 UTC 2009

Saba Moshe wrote:
> In my computer's BIOS CD is the first in the boot order.
>
> I was using LiveCDs of different disros to decide which of them will I
> install.
>
> Since I installed Ubuntu dual-boot with XP I lost the abilty to boot to
> any LiveCD.
>
> Is there an entry I can add to the grub file to enable me to choose a
> LiveCD boot?
>
> Thanks
>
> Saba Moshe
>
> --
> Proudly sent using Ubuntu 8.10
> Registered Linux user / machine: 482556 / 392821
> <http://www.sh-dor.info>,<http://www.lupu.info>,<http://www.d-hk.org>

The fact that your system is dual-booted should not matter when it comes
to loading LiveCDs.  I have been triple booted before and still able to
load a LiveCD.  Double check your BIOS and make sure that the CD is set
to boot before the HDD.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]