Drivers for MSI motherboards

Bill Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 16:23:32 UTC 2009

-
                                                           Bond Servant,
                                                             Bill Taylor
                                                     Killer Spade 806 CE
                                                                 1968-69

> Message: 11
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:45:01 -0400
> From: "Mike Hammel" <mjhammel at verizon.net>
> Subject: Drivers for MSI motherboards.
> To: <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> I have installed a new MSI 865GM3-V motherboard in my computer.  I downloaded (from another computer) 8.1 and installed.  All went pretty well except some things don't work so well.  The USB optical mouse is a bit flakey but the biggie is the onboard 10-100 Ethernet is not working (although Ubuntu says I am connected to the network, I cannot get to the internet).  I have tried several different internet connection settings within Firefox to no avail.  Sound isn't working either.  But my printer does!  I have looked high and low for Linux drivers for this motherboard.  All I can find are Win drivers.  Any suggestions?  I am about ready to give up and go back to XP.
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

I recently built a MSI board and there is where the problem lies.  The
drivers were not the proper drivers and the Tech service is some Indian
reading from a computer screen so the answer with every communication
was exactly the same.  The problem is MSI and their down hill slide on
quality.  I tossed the brand new board in the trash and replaced it with
a BioStar.  Good luck and God bless.