Drivers for MSI motherboards.

Mike Hammel mjhammel at verizon.net
Tue Mar 24 15:45:01 UTC 2009

I have installed a new MSI 865GM3-V motherboard in my computer.  I downloaded (from another computer) 8.1 and installed.  All went pretty well except some things don't work so well.  The USB optical mouse is a bit flakey but the biggie is the onboard 10-100 Ethernet is not working (although Ubuntu says I am connected to the network, I cannot get to the internet).  I have tried several different internet connection settings within Firefox to no avail.  Sound isn't working either.  But my printer does!  I have looked high and low for Linux drivers for this motherboard.  All I can find are Win drivers.  Any suggestions?  I am about ready to give up and go back to XP.