Need assistance

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Mar 23 12:51:20 UTC 2009

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> Raymond Land wrote:

>     My advice is to take the Laptop back to where you bought it and get
> all your money back. It's clear Dell has no idea how to fix the WiFi and
> that is criminal! If they sell it as having WiFi you can take them to
> court.
>
>     The above is the proper choice. If you want to try and fix the WiFi
> you need to get us some information:
>
> What version of Ubuntu is on the laptop?
> Open a terminal and type $ lspci and send us what that prints out.

I agree with Karl.  I had a Dell with extended warranty, and they simply
refused to talk to me about the broken wireless, let alone honor the
warranty.  If they're already refusing to support something on a laptop
they _sold_ with Ubuntu, take it back.

If they actually sold it with Windows and you popped Ubuntu on it, then
they're right that it's not their problem.  They're responsible for the
hardware working, but they can't be responsible for how software they
didn't configure operates.
--
derek