Moving Ubuntu from one drive to another

Ashley Benton chuaukantli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:05:15 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 12:11 PM, George R. Hozendorf <ghozey44 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I recently installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my Mac.  I'd set up a partition
> for it, but when prompted it would only let me put it on the same
> partition the Mac OS is on.  Now I can't find where it is to try to
> move it to the 2nd partition.  How do I move it?  If I can't move it,
> how do I get the installer to recognize the 2nd partition?

Hi,

I would try the manual partitioning when ask about where you want to install
Ubuntu, then you should be able to put it on the partition that you want
(The manual partitioning had been able to help me in cases like yours as it
detected the empty partition). As to move an already installed Ubuntu on
another partition I am sorry I don't know.
Hope that help a little

Sincerely

Meg