Beta testing Jaunty: how should I report this crash?

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sat Mar 21 17:26:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:56:42 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you're not sure, just report the bug. The triagers will ask for
> > any log files they need.
>
> I'd like to make their life a little easier by coming ready with what
> they might need. I don't want to be a whiny pain in their behinds.
>
> Furthermore, it might be good for me to know where this information
> is, so that I can be familiar with my own system.

Most of what triagers will ask for is in:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures

for ISO and alpha/beta testing, a good bug reporting format is
available at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Bug-Report-Layout

There will almost always be some followup questions from the bugsquad,
but the majority of what is needed is there.

Thanks for helping with the testing.

--
Charlie Kravetz