Restarting Xserver from cli

Fri Mar 20 16:11:56 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> A setup her system, and calls B when there is a problem. B does not
> have C-A-B when he needs it.

Much as I would rather keep ctrl-alt-backspace, I'm struggling to think
of a situation whereby when I press it, and X does nothing, I'm stuck
for something else to try.

It's being deprived of a quick way of doing something, not *any* means
of doing it.

If we were discussing the deprecation of cp or grep, I'd understand this
a little more. As it is, it's just another thing to add to my Ubuntu
post-install script (unless it's made an install-time option, which
would make me almost as happy as just keeping it).

--
Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk