Restarting Xserver from cli

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Mar 20 13:36:50 UTC 2009

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 09:38 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> The only thing about it that annoys me is that once again, a usability
>> issue has been "done to death" by the developers without once asking
>> the opinion of this, the "users", list.
>
> Oh come one, the blueprint was out in the open for a year or so, anybody
> who cared could have read it and commented on the wiki.

Oh come on.  I don't consider vague references to "the wiki" to be "open".

_This_ is supposed to be the users list.  Such things _should_ be mentioned
here.

I would have read _and_ commented if I'd ever heard about the issue (and my
only comment would have been that it's a good idea as long as expert users
can easily continue the previously expected behaviour).  "The wiki" has
never, to my knowledge, been the primary distribution channel for informing
users about potential changes.
--
derek