Evolution Calendar question

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 19 17:59:56 UTC 2009

On 03/18/2008 07:34 PM, Old Ranger wrote:
> Greetings to all,
> I have a question about printing the calendar, weekly view, of
> appointment times and details.
> First, I'd like to not have the individual appointments highlighted.  So
> far I have not found a way to turn highlighting off for the individual
> appointments.

I think that this will help - not an eloquent solution, but should work:

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ
# 2.6 How do I change the color of my calendars and tasks?
<http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_do_I_change_the_color_of_my_calendars_and_tasks.3F>

So, click on Personal (for instance), select Properties, click the color
- note the color that you had (write it down), change to white (or
almost white), print, change the color back if you wish.

> Secondly, if I add detail to these appointments which I'd like to see
> printed on the calendar, in the weekly view, the words print atop
> themselves - not wrapping to a next line before the next appointment time.
> In other words, anything more than a word or two in an appointment slot
> causes garbled printing in the weekly view.

If you can figure this one out you'll make a lot of people happy. I
can't print a monthly calendar as the top right portion showing the
month dates are so large and skewed that they print over each other. I'd
probably use Evolution's calendar functions (rather than Mozilla
Lightning) if Evolution's printing abilities didn't just plain suck.

> I am currently RTFM, but can find no mention of these conditions.

The manual is... anyway, bookmark http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ as it
will come in handy.