Networking and USB

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:37:49 UTC 2009

[..]
> Samba shares file systems.  It does not know or care how that file system
> is provided.  eSata, USB or carrier pigeon....

Oh my! Mount /"carrier pigeon" :-)  (sorry Brian, I couldn't resist)

To poster Ted, I apologise for injecting my attempt at humour here. Do
consider what Brian wrote, you have shares on a filesystem, why would
the other end care about what medium it was on. You probably want to
ensure that the share on that drive is always up and available to the
Windows systems that have mapped to it.