Restarting Xserver from cli

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Wed Mar 18 21:15:56 UTC 2009

Every argument is valid, the newbie protection as well using C-A-B can
be quite useful.
The developers decided the default setting, instead of arguing on the
mailing list it would be better to discuss an easy way on how to
activate "advanced" linux features. It won't be possible to design a
system which accommodates all needs.
If we stick to the key combination example:
As far as I am informed SYS-Rq keeys have been disabled since 8.10 as
well. Good for multi user systems bad for a single user.

There should be an easy option to enable or disable critical key
combinations. If everything is enabled it is difficult to configure a
multiuser system (At home several old laptops log into one powerful
machine via XDMCP).

Franz