Software that will allow me to run windows software on 8.10

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Mar 16 19:50:48 UTC 2009

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 14:58 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> I'd strongly vote in favor of emulation for doing development work with
>> visual studio,
>
> "Emulation"? Emulate what?

Using Virtualbox or VMWare. Sorry, thought that was already covered
previously in the thread.

>>  or nix it and go with REALbasic which is cross-platform
>> and has a native compiler for Linux.
>
> Considering that Markt wrote, "unfortunately my boss at work requires
> that I use MS Visual Studio" I doubt that this is an option.

*shrug* missed it, but for others looking at programming options it's
valid. I would still strongly encourage using a virtual computer for
simplicity in the long run with developing in that environment rather
than anything like Wine.

And who knows...maybe his boss would be willing to let them try
REALbasic, or he can use it at home, depending on what exactly they're
developing. It's nice to have one codebase for multiple platforms.