backup problem

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 04:53:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Mahadi Hasan <tomahadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created a backup file of my documents on the command line using
> tar utility. Now, I want to update the file periodically without
> creating the backup file of all the documents again from the
> ground-up. How do I update the backup file using tar?
> Name of the file: docs_backup.tar.bz2
> Destination: /home/bb/Public
> Source path: /media/d
>
> For backing up which method is better? tar utility or a gui
> application? If gui application, what is the name?

For graphical applications please go to System - Administration -
Synaptic Package Manager and search for "backup". Among the easiest to
use is "sbackup" that can also be found at Applications - Add/Remove -
search for "backup".

You also can try nssbackup (beta new version for sbackup), bacula,
backuppc, etc.

L.

--
Lucio M Nicolosi, Eng. - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype: lmnicolosi1