removing ubuntu

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Sun Mar 15 23:11:56 UTC 2009

Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Yelena gorbatyuk
>> <ygorbatyuk at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you please help me remove ubuntu from my computer? im not very good with
>>> computers, so i need the simpliest plan! thanks! I had windows 98 on the
>>> computer when i bought it... and i dont think i did the partial... from what
>>> i understand thats both programs that u can switch from back and forth... ?
>>> I have windows xp now on cd that i want to install...
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> Yelena
>>>
>> 1. Back up anything you would like to keep from Ubuntu
>> 2. Install XP from CD
>>

> And by "install from CD", I mean: put the CD in the drive, and reboot
> from the Windows XP disc, follow the instructions.  If you need help
> there - you might find another forum or mailing list ;)
>
> Chris

Hi Yelena,
you may have to format the drive to the Windows file system (ntfs), I
have found that the Windows CD can pop up
an error, "No Hard Drive Found", if hard drive has been formatted to the
Linux file system.
You can do this with the Live Ubuntu CD, or GParted Live CD , you can
download that free from

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Would be a very good idea to get some help with this.
Take Care
Winton