Installing Ubuntu on a new system

A. J. Rawls ajrawls1 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 05:57:25 UTC 2009

I want to try SUSE and Ubuntu, I built two systems and want to install
the operating systems.  I did not partition or format the new hard
disk drives.  I put the program CDs in the DVD drives and started the
systems.  The systems booted to a GRUB prompt.

How do I install the operating systems?  Websites for each operating
system seem to be geared to installing on systems with Windoze already
installed and talk about a graphical interface.  Neither system booted
to a graphical interface.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance,

A.J.
The Anchorage Fishwrapper and Litterbox Liner Press