Software that will allow me to run windows software on 8.10

Michael Kleinschnitker linux at kleinschnitker.com
Sun Mar 15 08:17:36 UTC 2009

HI Mark,

> > Mark Pyles wrote:
> >> I am using Ubuntu 8.10(gnome desktop) which I absolutely love.
> >> Unfortunately my boss at work requires that I use MS Visual Studio which
> >> I use at work but now I need to work from home and I am using Ubuntu at
> >> home on my laptop and as much as I hate anything micro$oft related I
> >> just wondered if there was a way to run windows software on my Ubuntu
> >> Linux without having to reformat or repartition my hard drive? Thanks.

If you have an new PC including enough RAM, you might use VirtualBox running
Windows and MS Visual Studio in it. It`s a virtualization software.
You should use the original VirtualBox debs.

Download:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

Help:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/End-user_documentation