Where is the wine register locate...???

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Thu Mar 12 19:57:03 UTC 2009

Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> Larry Shields wrote:
>
>> Torbjørn Thorsen - Nextline wrote:

>>> http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/using-regedit, section 3.2.2.
>>>
>>> First google hit on "wine registry" .. weird, huh ?
>>>
>>> -- Torbjørn
>>>

>> *Thanks for the info, now the regedit brings up all of the directorys,
>> but I am having a problem in reading any of the text...
>> This is the problem I am trying to fix, caused by nvidia-96xxx legacy
>> driver...
>>
>> This is the problem I am trying to fix, they say to edit the register,
>> change the setting to
>>
>>  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wine\X11 Driver]
>> "ClientSideWithRender"="N"
>> *
>> *So when I type regedit it brings up the editor, showing 6 dir's, now
>> not knowing which dir to go into to edit this I am at a loss...For I can
>> not read any of them...
>>
>> If you could tell me which dir to click on, this may help...???
>>
>> Thanks Larry
>> *
>>

> I do not fully understand. Is your X fully garbled or just wine?
>
> Depending on the answer you could either try to use ssh -X localhost
> or ssh -X from a remote machine and then start regedit.
>
> Alternatively, if you send me your PM, I could send you back a
> screenshot of the regedit window.
>
> Kind regards
> Eberhard

*Hello again Eberhard,

No there is nothing wrong with X is with the nvidia-96xx driver...

Go to wine http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ click Frequently Asked Question...

Under troubleshooting click on #22, this will explain to you what I am
trying to do...

Also here is a pic of what the text looks like...

Larry
*