Where is the wine register locate...???

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu Mar 12 16:46:38 UTC 2009

Larry Shields wrote:
> Torbjørn Thorsen - Nextline wrote:
>> Larry Shields wrote:
>>
>>> *Can anyone tell me where wine's register is located...
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help...
>>>
>>> Larry
>>> *
>>>

>> http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/using-regedit, section 3.2.2.
>>
>> First google hit on "wine registry" .. weird, huh ?
>>
>> -- Torbjørn
>>

> *Thanks for the info, now the regedit brings up all of the directorys,
> but I am having a problem in reading any of the text...
> This is the problem I am trying to fix, caused by nvidia-96xxx legacy
> driver...
>
> This is the problem I am trying to fix, they say to edit the register,
> change the setting to
>
>  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wine\X11 Driver]
> "ClientSideWithRender"="N"
> *
> *So when I type regedit it brings up the editor, showing 6 dir's, now
> not knowing which dir to go into to edit this I am at a loss...For I can
> not read any of them...
>
> If you could tell me which dir to click on, this may help...???
>
> Thanks Larry
> *

I do not fully understand. Is your X fully garbled or just wine?

Depending on the answer you could either try to use ssh -X localhost
or ssh -X from a remote machine and then start regedit.

Alternatively, if you send me your PM, I could send you back a
screenshot of the regedit window.

Kind regards
Eberhard