Adding apps to startup could be made easier

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:32:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM, David M. Karr
<davidmichaelkarr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several times I've run into a similar scenario:
>
> I discover an application I want to install, so I go to "Add/Remove",
> find it, then install it.

> Now, one of the installed applications needs to go into my session
> startup.  The dialog to add a startup application doesn't allow me to
> browse through the installed applications, all I can do is enter a full
> path to an executable.

> I'd be willing to file an issue for this, after I get some feedback on this.

The 'remember currently running applications' button in Preferences -> Sessions
on the third tab helps with that.  I'm not sure if it adds programs to
your start up,
or replaces your start up with what's currently running.

It's not very intuitive perhaps....

Brian