intel card one interface goes offline if forcing to 100/full

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:27:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Gregory Zill <gregory at r3g.net> wrote:
> >> The two switches' respective ports connecting to the dual-port card
> >> may not be set identically, forced to the necessary 100/full, I
> >> suspect.

> > I had my network engr guy check that and  they are both set to
> > 100/full. That is why
> > I think it is very odd
>
> Any chance you can reverse them and see if the behaviour follows the
> switch port/cables or the eth card ports?
>
> And/or try a new cable on a known good std switch or even a passing
> laptop etc....
>
> Brian

Have you plugged the cable to the switch which runs the command correctly?
I mean plug the cord into the switch which eth0 and eth1 are plugged in and
type in terminal "ethtool -s eth3 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off" and see
what happens.

cheers

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o mediocremente
servidas"