problems to connect to ldap server: Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect()

Dámaris Suárez Corrales dhamaris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:43:52 UTC 2009

I have checked the files that you told me:

check /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini  ---> ldap doesn't appears anywhere

 /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/ldap.ini --> i can't find  ldap.ini in conf.d
folder!!!!

if i have to re-install everything, is there anything that must be installed
first??
I have 3 versions of BerkeleyDB, and i don't delete any of them because it
will affect the entire system...could this be affecting the php5-ldap
installation??

thank u,

Dámaris.