Replacing A HDD in a Dual Drive System

Jeffrey Tooker Jeffreytooker at frontiernet.net
Wed Mar 11 04:45:02 UTC 2009

I am running an Ubuntu XP dual drive system.  When the system boots it
comes up to the system choices.  The Ubuntu options are listed first
(8.04)  Then the "Other System".  In this case it is the XP Home
Edition, which is on a separate drive.  I would like to replace the  XP
drive and do a clean install of XP on the new drive.  From what I can
see of the  boot sequence I should be able to remove the old XP drive
and replace it with a new drive.  I should  then be able to start the
system and go to the new disk and install the new XP program on the new
disk.  Is this correct or possible?

Thank you.

Jeffrey Tooker