How Do I Edit The Boot Loader

Stephen Constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Sun Mar 8 01:28:40 UTC 2009

Stephen wrote:
> I have used Mandrake and Red Hat linux in the past. I just installed
> ubuntu 8.10 64 bit on my desktop computer.
>
> Other people use the machine so I want Windows to be the default os to
> boot. I have tried the help files and google and can't find any info on
> configuring the boot loader.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Stephen Oulton

Dear Stephen

Here is a third method just to add to your options.  I used it on my
Kubuntu 8.10, (32bit).

1) Click K > System > System Settings > 2nd Tab Advanced > Grub Editor >
Entries tab - select which O/S you want to boot as default
2) In addition you could look at the Options tab to change how long the
countdown is until the default O/S boots

Let us all know which one worked

Good luck

another Stephen