How Do I Edit The Boot Loader

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:20:09 UTC 2009

Stephen wrote:
> Other people use the machine so I want Windows to be the default os to
> boot. I have tried the help files and google and can't find any info on
> configuring the boot loader.

On a terminal:

sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

Look for:

# default num
# Set the default entry to the entry number NUM. Numbering starts from
0, and
# the entry number 0 is the default if the command is not used.
#
# You can specify 'saved' instead of a number. In this case, the default
entry
# is the entry saved with the command 'savedefault'.
# WARNING: If you are using dmraid do not use 'savedefault' or your
# array will desync and will not let you boot your system.
default        0

edit the default value to match your needs.

L.

--
Lucio M Nicolosi, Eng. - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype: lmnicolosi1